What is OER?
- Free to access online
- Low cost to get a print copy
- Licensed by the author/creator with rights that are less restrictive than copyright (i.e. all rights reserved). This license typically includes the right of any user to copy (digitally) & print the text as well as the right to adapt it as desired for use in a course.
What is not OER
- Any eBook (unless it is free)
- Any website (unless it has a Creative Commons License)
- Articles from a library database (the student tuition pays for access)
What does this mean for CLC?
The Teaching, Learning and Educational Technology Center serves as CLC's Clearinghouse for Open Education Resources, and we are happy to help you learn more about them, where to find them, and how to use them!