Here are some things that are coming with the new upgrade that would be of interest to faculty:
- Updated In-Line Grading: The system will now be able to render a much longer list of different file types. The previous system could only handle .doc and .pdf.
- Drag and Drop Files: It will now be possible to add files to your Blackboard shell by simply dragging them from a folder and dropping them in the "drop zone" designated in areas where you would click a "Browse" button to select a file.
- Submission receipts: Instructors can keep track of all student submissions, regardless of whether the attempt or assignment is deleted or the submission history is changed. A submission receipt is captured at the time of submission and includes information such as attached file information, date, time, etc. This feature provides evidence for academic disputes, giving students assurance about their work.
- Reminders: Instructors can send email reminders from Grade Center columns to students and members of groups who have missing coursework. Students receive a system-generated email that lists the course, coursework, and the due date if included.
- Activity Reports: The Course Activity Overview report has been updated to improve the experience for larger enrollment courses. Instructors can filter the report and break down the calculations of student activity by course groups.
There are many other small enhancements that you will find when the new system becomes available in 2018!